Lecturer in Adult Nursing (Practice Learning)
Department of Pre-Registration Nursing
Claire has worked in a wide range of clinical settings since qualifying as an adult nurse in 2005, spending the majority of her nursing career working in Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, initially on surgical wards and in theatres.
In 2010, Claire progressed to a specialist position - working as a Nurse Practitioner in a Chronic Pain Team before moving onto roles as an inpatient hospice nurse, and most recently as a practice nurse at a rural GP surgery.
Claire joined the university in 2022, working in the Practice Liaison Team where she is able to keep close contacts with her connections at Gloucestershire NHS Trusts.
- BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing (UWE, 2005)
- Pain Management Module (UWE, 2007)
- Facilitating Learning and Assessment in Practice (UWE, 2008)
- Non-Medical Prescribing - Post Graduate Certificate (University of Gloucestershire, 2017)
- Supporting Student Learning in Higher Education - Post Graduate Module (桔子短视频 2023)
- Skills and Simulation
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council – Registered Nurse Adult and Nurse Independent Prescriber.
- Associate Fellowship – Higher Education Academy.
Claire is an academic assessor for pre-registration nursing students and will shortly be taking on the role of Schwartz Round Facilitator within the School of Nursing.
Claire has recently completed a ‘Practice Learning Guide’ for 桔子短视频 undergraduate nursing students. The guide is designed to provide practical information and support for nursing students who are embarking on practice placements for the first time, and will continue to be a useful resource throughout their 3 year programme.
Claire is due to complete a poster presentation on this guide at the 2023 桔子短视频 Teaching and Learning conference.