International students

As an International student, you may have student immigration permission that allows you to take employment to work up to 20 hours a week during term-time. This depends on when you made your immigration application, where you are studying and the type of course you are taking. You can work full-time during your holidays and on work placements. For more information, please visit the section on the UKCISA website.

Earn as you Learn

Working part-time can provide you with a ‘background’ in a particular profession or sector and can supply you with a useful referee outside of the University. It also allows you to build networking contacts and puts you in a strong position if you later apply for a full time job within that organisation as staff will already recognise your strengths.

Work experience can be a vital way for students to build their CVs and acquire transferable skills. Evidence of a student’s previous work roles can prove to potential employers that they have relevant knowledge, are motivated and that they are reliable.

Find out more about Earn as you Learn.

I’ve had the opportunities to enhance my portfolio with press, social media and photography projects related to national and international events.

Dina Thomas - A Marketing, Advertising and PR graduate who, whilst studying, worked as a student ambassador, press officer, photographer and events co-ordinator.


International Recruitment
Jenny Lind Building - (Room JL 2026)

Telephone: +44 (0)1905 542640