Lecturer in Continuing Professional Development (Healthcare) and Admissions Tutor for Independent and Supplementary Prescribing
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Department of Apprenticeships & CPD
Gurpreet qualified as a pharmacist in 2009 and undertook her pre-registration training, clinical diploma and independent prescribing qualifications in secondary care. She undertook a rotational role in surgical and medical specialities within secondary care and her specialist area of interest is diabetes. She has experience of working in community pharmacy and working within primary care as a prescriber.
In 2016 Gurpreet moved into a strategic role within the medicines management team within Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG, supporting medicines optimisation and commissioning teams within diabetes workstreams predominantly. She currently undertakes this role alongside academia at the 桔子短视频 as a lecturer within the Continual Professional Development team and as an admissions tutor for the Independent Prescribing Course.
- PG Cert Learning and Teaching in Higher Education- currently undertaking
- Independent Prescribing- 桔子短视频
- Clinical Diploma- Keele University
- Pharmacist- Aston University
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing (For Nursing and Allied Health Professionals) (MACP4007)
- Principles and Practice of Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists (MACP4015)
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Education and teaching
Membership of Professional Studies
Pharmacist, General Pharmaceutical Council
Principal Pharmacist Medicines Optimisation, Sandwell
Diabetes Medicines Optimisation Lead- Black Country and West Birmingham CCG.