Department of Midwifery
Judy has recently joined the midwifery teaching team and will be leading a module on the BSc programme. She followed a nursing route into midwifery, qualifying in 1997. Since then, she has worked in a variety of roles for NHS Trusts in Birmingham and Worcestershire, including Labour Ward co-ordinator, and manager of an alongside midwife-led unit. Her latest role was as team leader for multi-professional education and lead Professional Midwifery Advocate (PMA) at Birmingham Women’s & Children’s NHS Foundation Trust.
An opportunity to teach student midwives at the university several years ago ignited a passion for teaching and Judy is thrilled to have staged a comeback! She is committed to empowering students to become the best practitioners they can be, using her experience and skills as a clinician, manager and PMA to provide support and guidance.
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Diploma in HE, Worcester College of Higher Education (now 桔子短视频)
- BSc (hons) Midwifery, University of central England (now Birmingham City University)
- MSc Advancing Practice, 桔子短视频 (including PGCert in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education)
- Midwifery clinical skills, including simulation
- Professional Advocacy
- Team working
- Low risk labour care
- Choice in pregnancy and birth
Judy’s dissertation for her Masters was an exploration of the influencers for newly qualified midwives’ decision to seek work within a Continuity of Carer team.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- NMC registered
- Royal College of Midwives